Generally, early voting in person begins the 17th day before Election Day (if that’s a weekend, early voting starts on Monday) and ends the 4th day before Election Day.
(EXCEPTION: Early voting for elections held in May starts the 12th day before Election Day and ends on the 4th day before Election Day.)
Vote at a location in your political subdivision that’s close to where you live or work. All other voting rules and procedures apply – e.g., eligibility, identification, polling hours.
- WHAT DO I NEED IN ORDER TO VOTE BY THE NEW PHOTO ID LAW?To vote, all registered voters are now required to present an approved form of photo identification in order to vote in all Texas Elections. More information on acceptable forms of identifications is availble.
- WHAT IS CURBSIDE VOTING?This service is available to any voter who has difficulty walking or standing for long periods. If you have an assistant with you, when you arrive at the polling location, have them notify the election official at that time. The election official will then bring your ballot to your car outside the polling location. If you do not have an assistant, please call (512) 581-7160 ahead to notify the election clerk that you want to vote curb side.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR VOTING USING A EXPRESSVOTE BALLOT MARKING DEVICE
Voters in Bastrop County will now vote on ExpressVote ballot marking devices during early voting. The ExpressVote combines touch screen technology with a paper ballot. Traditional paper ballots will only be available on Election Day.
- When you walk into the polling place, hand the poll worker one of the seven (7) acceptable forms of identification, unless you are a voter with a permanent exemption on your voter registration certificate. After you’ve been qualified to vote and signed the check-in tablet, you will be issued your ballot card.
- Voting on the new ExpressVote ballot marking device is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Insert your ballot card in the ballot marking device and make your selections on the touch screen.
- Review your selections on the summary screen. If satisfied, touch PRINT. Then verify your selections on the printed ballot card.
- Insert your ballot card into the ballot box. Ballot cards will be counted in the same manner as traditional paper ballots.
This is an informational video on how to vote using the ExpressVote ballot marking device.
Easy as 1-2-3 (1 Select. 2 Verify. 3 Vote).
- Insert your ballot card issued at voter check-in.
- Select your prefered language.
- Make your selections on the touch screen.
- Use the ‘Next’ button to move to the next ballot item.
- Review your selections on the touch screen.
- Print your ballot card.
- Remove your ballot card from the ballot marking device.
- Review your selection on the printed ballot card.
- Place your ballot card in the ballot box.
Visit www.bastropvotes.org for additional information.